Lindsay Lohan claims police never Mirandized her

Posted By KATE STANTON, UPI.com   |   Feb. 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM   |   0 comments

| License Photo
Feb. 26 (UPI) -- Lindsay Lohan, who ditched her longtime lawyer Shawn Holley in favor of the New York-based Mark Heller, has filed a motion to dismiss charges that she lied to the police after a car accident last year. Heller said police never read the actress her Miranda rights.

But as TMZ explained Monday, the 26-year-old actress wasn't in police custody when they questioned her, so cops had no need to read Lohan her rights. The gossip site also said that Holley had made "hugh mistakes" in his court filings.

Sources connected to the case tell us Heller made some huge mistakes in filing the docs -- maybe the biggest was that he attached a letter to the prosecutor touting Lindsay -- he's not supposed to try and influence judges outside of court so it's a huge no-no. We're told the letter has been purged from his legal docs.

Santa Monica officials charged Lohan with obstruction, giving false information to an officer and reckless driving after the actress crashed her Porsche into a dump truck last June. Police say Lohan, who could face jail time, inititally told them her assistant was behind the wheel.

Follow @KateStan and @UPI on Twitter.
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Join the conversation
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback