According to the White House, the first lady's guests "exemplify the themes and ideals laid out" by the president.
This year, the list includes NASA's most stylish rocket scientist, Bobak Ferdowsi, the Jet Propulsion Lab engineer whose creative hairstyles and social-media savvy made him an overnight sensation during the Curiosity rover's landing on Mars.
The first lady also invited Apple CEO Tim Cook. According to Fast Company, President Obama is expected to acknowledge Cook's plan to bring manufacturing jobs back to the U.S.
Here are the rest of Michelle Obama's guests:
- Dr. Jill Biden
- Valerie Jarrett, senior advisor to the president
- Sgt. Sheena Adams, USMC Female Engagement Team Advisor and Lead Instructor
- Alan Aleman, DREAM student
- Jack Andraka, 16-year-old winner of the 2012 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair
- Susan Bumgarner, early childhood educator
- Deb Carey, co owner of Wisconsin's New Glarus Brewing Company)
- Sergeant Carlos Evans, USMC
- Cleopatra Cowley-Pendleton and Nathaniel A. Pendleton Sr., parents of Hadiya Pendleton, the 15-year-old inauguration attendee who was killed in a Chicago shooting
- Menchu de Luna Sanchezm, NYU Langone Medical Center nurse
- Bradley Henning, machinist at Kentucky's Atlas Machine and Supply)
- Tracey Hepner, co-founder of the Military Partners and Families Coalition
- Peter Hudson, co-found ounder and CEO of iTriage)
- Gov. John Kitzhaber (D-Ore.)
- Mayor Marie Lopez Rogers of Avondale, Arizona
- Amanda E. McMillan, won pay discrimination lawsuit
- Lee Maxwell, graduate of the Kirkwood Community College Wind Technician Program in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
- Lieutenant Brian Murphy, police officer in Oak Creek, Wis.
- Lisa Richards, #My2K participant
- Kaitlin Roig, Sandy Hook Elementary School teacher
- Abby Schanfield, helped by the Affordable Care Act
- Haile Thomas, 12-year-old youth fitness advocate
- Desiline Victor, 102-year-old Miami resident who waited hours to vote
Swim Week Miami Beach 2014 [PHOTOS]