Vegas casino evacuated due to smoke-like smell, patrons may be compensated

Feb. 6, 2013 at 2:00 PM  |  Updated Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:24 PM   |   0 comments

Feb. 6 (UPI) -- Las Vegas' Excalibur Casino was evacuated after an overheated ventilation motor emitted a strong smoke smell that spread through the venue Tuesday morning.

MGM resorts spokesman, Gordon Absher, reported that staff and guest evacuated one of the casino's four towers after alarms went off around 2 a.m. local time. The process took around 2 hours, Inquisitr reported.

Absher confirmed there was no actual fire involved in the incident, but that the smoke-like scent spread rapidly throughout the 1,000-rooms in the 28 floors tower because of the ventilation system.

The machinery was fixed by Tuesday afternoon.

Absher apologized for the incident and said the company will deal with customers' complaints the best way they can.

"As far as compensation, we will handle this in the normal course of delivering our good customer service," he said. "We'll deal with this on a case by case basis."

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Join the conversation
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback