facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search

Three missing Israeli teens found dead

Israeli news broadcasters, citing military sources, made the announcement.
By Ed Adamczyk   |   June 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM   |   Comments

Leer en Español
1 of 5
| License Photo
HEBRON , West Bank, June 30 (UPI) --Three Israeli teenagers, missing since the middle of June from their West Bank homes and presumed kidnapped, were found dead Monday.

The bodies of Eyal Yifrach, 19, Gilad Shaar, 16, and Naftali Frenkel, 16, were found in an open field north of the city of Hebron in the West Bank, Israel's Channel Two and Channel Ten news broadcasters said, citing Israeli military sources.

They disappeared June 12 or June 13, the Israeli military said, causing speculation the Palestinian Sunni organization Hamas was involved in their abduction. The missing boys have been a cause of anger, anxiety and increased tensions in the West Bank since their disappearance. Over 150 suspects in the abduction had been detained.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu called an emergency cabinet meeting Monday regarding the news, and comment from the meeting is expected.

Follow @adamczyk_ed and @UPI on Twitter.
Contact the Author
© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback