KIEV, Ukraine, April 22 (UPI) -- Ukrainian acting President and Verkhovna Rada Chairman Oleksandr Turchynov announced via a statement posted to the parliament's website on Tuesday that security forces are to resume anti-terror measures in eastern Ukraine.
The decision, he said, was influenced by the discovery of two bodies that had been "brutally tortured" near Sloviansk in the Donetsk region. One of the bodies resembled Volodymyr Rybak, the kidnapped deputy of Horlivka town council and Batkivschyna Party member.
"Terrorists, who in fact took hostages the whole Donetsk region, overstepped the limits when started to torture and kill patriots of Ukraine. They dared to toss a challenge not just to our country, but to the whole world as well, when they demonstratively outraged upon the decisions, which have bee adopted in Geneva. These crimes are committed under the complete favor and with the connivance of the Russian Federation."
Ukrainian security forces have been directed to "resume and carry fruitful counter-terrorism actions meant for protection of Ukrainian citizens, who live in the east of Ukraine, against the terrorists," Turchynov said in his statement.
[Interfax Ukraine News Agency]