facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Pensioner accidentally throws away fireworks, causes explosion

Feb. 27, 2014 at 3:59 PM   |   Comments

MAJORCA, Spain, Feb. 27 (UPI) -- A 73-year-old Spanish man caused an explosion when he accidentally threw away some fireworks, authorities said.

The incident happened Wednesday in the town of Majorca, TheLocal.es reported.

Police said when the man, whose name was not reported, threw a bag of garbage into an outdoor trash can, the bag exploded, causing several windows in the area to shatter, set off the airbags in one car and gave the man a bloody nose.

Investigators said the trash bag contained firework materials which reacted with the metal trashcan, causing the explosion.

Local residents said the suspect is a former fireworks specialist and 10 years ago caused a similar explosion.

© 2014 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
France holds up delivery of warships to Russia France holds up delivery of warships to Russia
2
Police suspect poisoning in death of Utah family Police suspect poisoning in death of Utah family
3
Navy SEAL who claims to be Bin Laden's shooter to reveal identity on Fox News Navy SEAL who claims to be Bin Laden's shooter to reveal identity on Fox News
4
Hawaii lava update: 100 feet from home, National Guard deployed Hawaii lava update: 100 feet from home, National Guard deployed
5
Kaci Hickox won't obey Maine Ebola quarantine, state may go to court Kaci Hickox won't obey Maine Ebola quarantine, state may go to court
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback