Police suspect one of the students was mixing banned chemicals to make fireworks when the explosion happened Saturday at a house near Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, which the victims attended, Tuoi Tre News reported..
One neighbor said the house burst into flames after one big explosion, which was followed by several small explosions.
The owner of the house ran out into the street, yelling for the students to evacuate. The entire house was engulfed in flames and smoke within minutes and neighbors tried to put out the flames with fire extinguishers, Tuoi Tre News reported.
Six fire trucks and 36 firefighters were sent to quell the flames.
NBC reportedly holds celebs hostage to Jimmy Fallon's show
Millions of Getty images now available for free via embed tool