The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said there were 1,785 people still missing since the mega-storm, called Yolanda in the Philippines, hit Nov. 8. The storm affected 16 million Filipinos, including 4 million forced out of their homes, the agency said.
Sonny Coloma of the Presidential Communications Operations Office said the Departments of Health and Public Works and Highways sent more equipment to the storm-ravaged region while the National Bureau of Investigation sent its forensic team back to assist in dealing with efforts to identify and bury the victims' remains.
Coloma, citing a report by rehabilitation official Panfilo Lacson, said 1,500 body bags and protective kits had been sent, along with heavy equipment such as backhoes and payloaders, the Philippine Star reported.
Boston schools pull out free condoms over wrapping complaints
Millions of Getty images now available for free via embed tool