VOLGOGRAD, Russia, Jan. 3 (UPI) -- Two more people injured in the two suicide bombings in the Russian city of Volgograd earlier this week have been hospitalized, a regional official said.
The number of people hospitalized because of injuries sustained in the bombings of a railway station Sunday and a trolleybus Monday rose to 46, RIA Novosti reported Friday.
The latest people hospitalized were receiving outpatient care but were taken to a medical facility in Volgograd after their conditions worsened, a health ministry official said Thursday. Eighteen other victims were airlifted to Moscow hospitals for treatment.
Suicide bombers detonated their devices at a train station and a trolleybus within 24 hours of each other, killing 34 people and injuring 64 more.
Investigators have not named any suspects in the two bombings, saying they were conducting DNA tests on the remains of the suspected bombers.
In October, a woman from Dagestan detonated a bomb while she was traveling on a commuter bus in Volgograd.
Volgograd, formerly known as Stalingrad, is a transportation hub in southern Russia, RIA Novosti said. It is about 430 miles from Sochi, site of the 2014 Winter Olympics that begin next month.