As of 6 a.m. Wednesday, 599 injuries were recorded between Dec. 21 and Jan. 1, and 143 of the victims were children, the Philippine Daily Inquirer.net reported.
The injuries amount to a 40 percent increase from last year.
The Department of Health said a banned firework, the piccolo, was responsible for the most injuries.
The Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center in Manila recorded the highest number of fireworks patients, the newspaper website said.
Ray Liotta sues skin care company over use of likeness
Millions of Getty images now available for free via embed tool