NB Power said there remain about 3,700 homes Monday without electricity after a nasty ice storm swept through Ontario and the Canadian Maritimes last week. Some customers have gained and lost power as many as six times as crews work to clear downed trees and branches and permanently restore service, the Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported.
New Brunswick Premier David Alward said emergency officials have recommended people keep a three-day supply of food, water and, where possible, heating devices. Warming stations through out the province have been established where people can get water, warm up and charge cellphones.
In St. John, city officials said residents are being asked to stay off the roads so crews can clear snow, ice and debris. Most side streets in the city still have not been plowed and public transportation is running behind.
NB Power said customers should be fully restored by Tuesday.
Celebrity Families of 2014 [PHOTOS]