Spanish resort blast believed to be accidental

Dec. 29, 2013 at 12:25 PM   |   0 comments

ADEJE, Spain, Dec. 29 (UPI) -- An explosion at a Spanish resort that injured four tourists last week was likely accidental, investigators said.

A British woman who was burned in the explosion Friday was in intensive care over the weekend at a hospital in Santa Cruz de Tenerife.

The explosion at the Bahia Principe Hotel occurred at a pool bar that was crowded with holiday tourists. The victims included the British woman's 8-year-old daughter and two women from Spain and Belgium.

Witnesses said the blast originated either in a beer canister or a heated serving tray, ThinkSpain said. Police said the incident was still under investigation; however they were confident it was an accident.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Join the conversation
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback