facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Former Russian defense minister to face charges

Nov. 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM   |   Comments

MOSCOW, Nov. 29 (UPI) -- Former Russian Defense Minister Anatoly Serdyukov will soon face negligence charges for allegedly causing $1.7 million worth of damage to the state.

Russia's Investigative Committee said Thursday it plans to charge Serdyukov by the end of next week, RIA Novosti reported.

Committee spokesman Vladimir Markin told Lifenews.ru the charges may be upgraded, but did not elaborate.

Serdyukov, who is accused of using conscript soldiers to build infrastructure for a private holiday resort, has not commented on the case. He was fired from his position last year after being appointed in 2007.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

2014: The Year in Music [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Man who spent 24 years in prison for arson murder freed
2
Amish girls allegedly lured by captors with puppy
3
Kamala Harris to appeal court ruling against death penalty
4
Heather Mack, mother, argued in lobby before suitcase murder
5
U.S. files formal complaint with China after 'dangerous' fighter jet incident
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback