Two Chinese boats sink in separate incidents, 26 people missing

Nov. 24, 2013 at 11:26 PM

BEIJING, Nov. 24 (UPI) -- Two Chinese boats sank in separate incidents off the coast of eastern Shandong province, leaving a total of 26 people missing, authorities said Monday.

In the first incident which occurred Sunday night, 12 people were missing after their vessel "XINGLONGZHOU65" sank off Yantai City, Xinhua News Agency reported, quoting local maritime authorities.

In the other incident early Monday, a cargo ship went down off Weihai City, leaving at least 14 people missing.

No details about the two incidents were immediately available. Xinhua said rescue teams had been dispatched to the two sites.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
Multiple attacks prompt Jerusalem violence; gun restrictions could ease
Genetic changes could make pig organs usable for human transplant
Five Democratic presidential candidates meet in Las Vegas for first debate
Confederate flag group charged with terrorist threats
Report: MH17 downed by Russian-made missile