The death toll may rise further as the government said 1,186 people are still missing after the typhoon struck the nation last week, The Financial Times reported.
The International Labor Organization said at least 3 million people lost their livelihoods and more than 10.2 million were effected by the storm.
President Benigno Aquino III visited two areas in Eastern Visayas Sunday and said he planned to stay indefinitely in Tacloban City to oversee repairs and emergency work, GMA Radio-Television News reported.
He said the government is considering a work-for-food or cash programs in the city to help speed the cleanup operations.
"Because you have a well-functioning government, I promise you will be able to recover faster," Aquino told residents during a visit to Guiuan. "Please be assured that the government has enough resources, there are many who are helping us, and that the government has sound [reconstruction] plans."
Putin thinks Obama would save him if he were drowning
Chipotle plans first price increase in 3 years