facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Fatal fire in Phnom Penh club was caused by faulty wiring

Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM   |   Comments

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia, Nov. 7 (UPI) -- A fire at a club in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, killed three people and injured two others, local police said.

Yem Sovathdeth, the general manager of Key Club, Vin Piseth, the manager's pregnant wife, and Yean Darith, a security guard, died during the fire, The Phnom Penh Post reported.

Another security guard, Dy Lida, and the owner of the club, Phun Bunthoeun, were injured and taken to the hospital.

The fire began at 10 a.m. Tuesday.

The blaze burned for an hour before firefighters with five trucks were able to stop the flames from damaging nearby buildings.

The fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring, police said.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Prince Harry sweeps an adorable little girl off her feet at Invictus Games Prince Harry sweeps an adorable little girl off her feet at Invictus Games
2
U.S. intercepts two Russian fighter jets near Alaska
3
Pope Francis will name Spokane bishop as the next archbishop of Chicago Pope Francis will name Spokane bishop as the next archbishop of Chicago
4
Police closing in on suspect in Pennsylvania state trooper killing Police closing in on suspect in Pennsylvania state trooper killing
5
The White House partially evacuated after disturbance UPDATED The White House partially evacuated after disturbance UPDATED
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback