facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Fatal fire in Phnom Penh club was caused by faulty wiring

Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM   |   Comments

PHNOM PENH, Cambodia, Nov. 7 (UPI) -- A fire at a club in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, killed three people and injured two others, local police said.

Yem Sovathdeth, the general manager of Key Club, Vin Piseth, the manager's pregnant wife, and Yean Darith, a security guard, died during the fire, The Phnom Penh Post reported.

Another security guard, Dy Lida, and the owner of the club, Phun Bunthoeun, were injured and taken to the hospital.

The fire began at 10 a.m. Tuesday.

The blaze burned for an hour before firefighters with five trucks were able to stop the flames from damaging nearby buildings.

The fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring, police said.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Russia prepares militarization of Arctic Russia prepares militarization of Arctic
2
Freedom variant LCS takes to water Freedom variant LCS takes to water
3
Marijuana decriminalized in Philadelphia Marijuana decriminalized in Philadelphia
4
Reports claim Ukraine used cluster munitions in Donetsk city Reports claim Ukraine used cluster munitions in Donetsk city
5
Christian minister helps two lesbian couples sue Mississipi over same-sex marriage ban Christian minister helps two lesbian couples sue Mississipi over same-sex marriage ban
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback