The unidentified girl, a student at Finnvedens high school in Varnamo, Sweden, placed a note on a notice board advising others of her allergy. The note was soon removed from the board, and a police inquiry revealed some students brought a large number of nuts to school, school director Bernt Ralfnert.
"The note was torn down straight away by somebody. Then someone put a nut in her drink and when she took a drink she had problems breathing. A teacher saw what happened and called an ambulance," Ralfnert said.
The victim was left "fighting for her life," the online Swedish news agency TheLocal.se reported Monday.
Although she recovered, police and the school have begun investigations, the police classifying the incident as assault, TheLocal.se said.
Susan Sarandon: I was stoned at almost every awards show
Video of Victoria’s Secret models trying to 'twerk' hits Instagram