The two sisters, 2 and 3 years old, suffocated in the machine Saturday, police said.
The girls' mother was cooking and the father was listening to music when the incident occurred. The couple's 1-year-old was also home, Xinhua reported.
Police said they are investigating the incident but said they do not suspect foul play.
Washing machine manufacturer Haier said it was assisting the investigation.
Costly malfunction causes beer flood at Boston-area brewery
Wisconsin business offering 'therapeutic cuddling' forced to close