facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Hong Kong man blames home fire on Samsung smartphone

July 30, 2013 at 7:05 PM   |   Comments

HONG KONG, July 30 (UPI) -- A Hong Kong man says his Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone exploded while he was playing a game and it started a fire that burned his home.

The 47-year-old man, identified only as Du, said he was using the phone to play the game "Love Machine" Friday night while it was charging and when it exploded he tossed it on the sofa, Xianguo.com reported. The smartphone set the couch and curtains on fire, and the home was quickly enveloped in flames, he said.

Du and his wife, Yujiu, escaped unharmed, but the house was heavily damaged, the news website said.

The allegedly original parts smartphone and charger were destroyed in the fire. Fire officials said they had found nothing suspicious about the fire.

Samsung said it would investigate the incident if it receives a complaint, Xianguo.com said.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
California officer allegedly stole nude photos during arrest California officer allegedly stole nude photos during arrest
2
[UPDATE] Two Calif. deputies killed, two others shot [UPDATE] Two Calif. deputies killed, two others shot
3
Lauren Hill's cancer won't stop teen from playing basketball Lauren Hill's cancer won't stop teen from playing basketball
4
Canada reflects on a week of domestic terror Canada reflects on a week of domestic terror
5
Picasso Museum to reopen after five years Picasso Museum to reopen after five years
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback