At least 1,461 people were injured by Monday's quake in Minxian and Zhangxian counties, the official Xinhua news agency reported Wednesday. Seventy-nine of the most critically injured were sent to area hospitals.
Some 268,400 people had been relocated as of Wednesday, Xinhua said. About 2,200 living in the village of Yongguang were still in need of shelter, said Guo Yongbi, the village's Communist Party of China secretary.
More than 4,000 soldiers and armed police were deployed to assist in the rescue efforts along with 520 firefighters and 70 fire trucks.
As of Tuesday, the quake destroyed 51,800 homes and severely damaged 240,000 others, resulting in about $400 million in losses.
Workers returned electricity and telecommunication facilities to working order Wednesday morning, and are prioritizing reinstating transportation in the quake-hit region.
Meanwhile, rain doused the earthquake zone Wednesday and was expected to continue into Thursday, local meteorologists said.