Rattlesnake bites Toronto Zoo employee

July 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM

TORONTO, July 22 (UPI) -- A Toronto Zoo employee was hospitalized after being bitten by a rattlesnake, officials said.

The woman was feeding a Massasauga rattlesnake Sunday morning when she was bitten, The Toronto Star reported.

She was transported to a local hospital where she was given anti-venom.

The Toronto Zoo issued a statement saying the woman is expected to make a full recovery, the Toronto Sun reported.

"All the necessary steps have been taken to ensure the employee has been treated in a timely and effective manner and the employee is expected to make a full recovery," said the statement from zoo spokeswoman Amanda Chambers.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
Study of antibodies in HIV patient may help lead to vaccine
Pepsi to launch own smartphone
History Channel special reveals Alcatraz escapees may have survived
Multiple attacks escalate Jerusalem violence; gun restrictions could ease
Genetic changes could make pig organs usable for human transplant