TORONTO, July 22 (UPI) -- A Toronto Zoo employee was hospitalized after being bitten by a rattlesnake, officials said.
The woman was feeding a Massasauga rattlesnake Sunday morning when she was bitten, The Toronto Star reported.
She was transported to a local hospital where she was given anti-venom.
The Toronto Zoo issued a statement saying the woman is expected to make a full recovery, the Toronto Sun reported.
"All the necessary steps have been taken to ensure the employee has been treated in a timely and effective manner and the employee is expected to make a full recovery," said the statement from zoo spokeswoman Amanda Chambers.