facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Teen in Ontario touches wire in tree, nearly electrocuted

July 18, 2013 at 2:00 PM   |   Comments

OAKVILLE, Ontario, July 18 (UPI) -- A boy was hospitalized after he climbed a tree at a small Oakville, Ontario, country club and touched an electrical wire, nearly killing him, police said.

The unidentified boy, 13, visited the Fogolars Italian country club Wednesday with his family and climbed a tree on the property whose leaves partially hid an electric wire.

He climbed as high as 7.5 meters (24.6 feet) before he came in contact with the wire, received an electric shock and struck several branches as he fell to the ground, a statement by Halston Regional Police said.

The teen was taken to McMaster Childrens Hospital in Hamilton, Ont., and was in serious but stable condition, the Toronto Sun reported Thursday.

The country club will remain closed and without power until the end of the week to accommodate an ongoing investigation, board member Luigi Scotta said.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Six Flags fight leaves boy critically injured, may have been organized on Twitter Six Flags fight leaves boy critically injured, may have been organized on Twitter
2
Mayor of L.A. suburb shot, killed inside home Mayor of L.A. suburb shot, killed inside home
3
Kiev slams Russia for bringing criminal complaints against Ukraine's armed forces Kiev slams Russia for bringing criminal complaints against Ukraine's armed forces
4
Jury in 'loud music' retrial to get case Wednesday morning Jury in 'loud music' retrial to get case Wednesday morning
5
Wisc. reporter told 'not to speak to crowd' at Michelle Obama event Wisc. reporter told 'not to speak to crowd' at Michelle Obama event
Trending News
x
Feedback