The Canadian Broadcasting Corp. reported the Quebec coroner's office released the names of seven more victims: Frederic Boutin, 19, Kathy Clusiault, 24, Elodie Turcotte, 18, Yannick Bouchard, 36, Karine Lafontaine, 35, Maxime Dubois, 27, and Melissa Roy, 29.
Eliane Parenteau, 93, was the first victim to be identified. A ninth victim has been identified, but the person's name won't be made public until Monday morning.
Those missing are presumed dead.
Regional police Inspector Michel Forget said the investigation into the July 6 disaster in which 73 rail tanker cars derailed, exploded and burned would take at least several more weeks, The (Toronto) Globe and Mail reported.
The CBC said emergency crews were still being hampered by heat and fumes Saturday as they searched the red zone, the area most affected by the disaster, for more victims.
Lac-Megantic Mayor Colette Roy-Laroche said Saturday that city residents still displaced by the disaster will be relocated from the local high school where they had been sheltered.
"They will be relocated to better places. Places with real beds," Roy-Laroche said.
S. Carolina GOP Governor Nikki Haley breaks wood with hands [VIDEO]
North Korea sends threat -- by fax -- to South Korea