account
search
search

Father of Toronto stage collapse victim would like to attend trial

  |   July 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM
TORONTO, July 3 (UPI) -- The father of a drum technician killed in last year's stage collapse before a Toronto Radiohead concert said he would like to attend Thursday's trial.

Ken Johnson, who lives in a small village outside Manchester, England, said he wants "to see people involved and hear what they have to say," the Toronto Star reported Wednesday.

Concert organizer Live Nation, a staging company and an engineer have all been charged in connection with the collapse that killed Scott Johnson at Toronto's Downsview Park on June 16, 2012.

Johnson's father told the Star in a telephone interview he hopes the trial results in lessons for those involved.

"Maybe people should have done some things differently," he said. "Whatever the outcome of the trial, I just hope that it's fair and honest."

He said tuning drums for Radiohead was the pinnacle of his son's career.

"Scott's message in life was to be fair, and none of this is fair," Ken Johnson said. "I still cry every day."

Related UPI Stories
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
x
Feedback