David James Leblanc is accused of keeping a 16-year-old boy chained in his home, CBC News reported.
The teenager managed to escape in September and was found with chains wrapped around his wrists and ankles, and was wearing only a hooded sweatshirt and a hat. He told police that he had been held against his will and a nationwide manhunt for Leblanc and another man, Wayne Alan Cunningham, ensued.
Leblanc was found several days later wandering in Ontario and Cunningham's body was discovered after that. Police said there was no foul play in Cunningham's death.
Leblanc appeared in court Thursday to face separate charges of child pornography from 2010, CBC News reported.
During the hearing, Leblanc waived his right to a preliminary hearing and his lawyer, Mike Taylor, asked that the files be consolidated with the sexual assault and forced confinement charges in the case of the teenage boy.
"There will be pleas of guilty entered to a number of charges," said Taylor, adding that Leblanc will likely enter the guilty pleas when he is in court again next Thursday. "There's the pornography charges here, and there are a couple of sexual assault charges that are laid here as well, and the other matters in Bridgewater."
Taylor did not say exactly what charged Leblanc would plead guilty to, but said they include some forcible confinement charges. Taylor is currently in talks with the prosecutions over a deal in the case.
Benedict Cumberbatch's dramatic reading of R. Kelly lyrics is just what you need
Beyonce flaunts bikini body, Blue Ivy in vacation pics