Stuart Hall admits to sexual assault

May 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM   |   0 comments

LONDON, May 2 (UPI) -- Stuart Hall, a former BBC broadcaster, has admitted to sexually assaulting 13 girls, court officials said.

Hall, 86, pleaded guilty to 14 counts of indecent assault at a court hearing last month, but a reporting restriction on the plea was instated until today for legal reasons,The Daily Telegraph reported.

The victims ranged in age from nine to 17, and the offenses occurred between 1967 and 1986.

A judge ordered Hall, the former "It's A Knockout" presenter, to register on the sex offenders' list.

An outline of Hall's crimes was provided during the hearing last month.

He molested a 9-year-old by putting his hand up her clothing, kissed a 13-year old on the lips and fondled a teenager, among other sex crimes, the Telegraph said.

"His victims did not know each other and almost two decades separated the first and last assaults but almost all of the victims, including one who was only nine at the time of the assault, provided strikingly similar accounts," prosecutor Nazir Afzal said.

Afzal said a charge of rape, which Hall pleaded not guilty to, has been dropped.

Hall, a married father of two, was granted bail until his sentencing in June.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Join the conversation
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback