One climber received serious injuries, Nepalnews.com reported Monday.
The climbers, who were on an expedition with Cho-Oyu Treks, were brought down to their base camp Saturday after the incident between Camp 2 and Camp 3, trek director Ngima Nuru Sherpa said.
Simone Moro, an Italian citizen, and Jonathan Griffith of Britain, received minor injuries, while Ueli Steck of Switzerland had a deep cut on his face, The Himalayan Times reported.
Steck was to be airlifted from Lukla to Kathmandu.
The incident reportedly occurred during a dispute over rope fixing. The climbers said they were attacked for no apparent reason, while the workers said they retaliated after Steck threatened them.
Police officials said investigators had been deployed to the remote site and assured other climbers in the expedition they would be provided with security.