CAIRO, April 28 (UPI) -- Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak lost his appeal Sunday when a Cairo court upheld his 15-day detention period in a corruption case, officials said.
The 84-year-old would not have been released Sunday if he won the appeal, Ahram Online reported, as he faces detention orders in two other corruption cases.
Mubarak allegedly made private use of state money that was allocated for renovating presidential palaces.
He is also facing a retrial for charges relating to the killing of peaceful protesters during the 2011 uprising, Ahram Online said.
He was previously convicted of failing to protect those protesters, but an appeal court ordered a retrial after his conviction.