TEL AVIV, Israel, April 28 (UPI) -- The Israeli air force bombed two suspected terror targets in Gaza early Sunday after a rocket was fired into southern Israel, the army said.
A statement issued by the Israeli army spokesman's office confirmed direct hits on a suspected weapons storage facility and a terror facility in southern Gaza. There were no reports of Palestinian injuries.
The statement said: "The Israel Defense Forces will not tolerate any attempt to harm Israeli civilians and will not allow for the reality before Pillar of Defense to take place again and threaten Israeli civilians."
The army holds Hamas responsible for all attacks against Israel emanating from Gaza, the statement said.
Israel initiated a military offensive called Operation Pillar of Defense in Gaza last year to destroy the terror infrastructure and bring a halt to rocket fire on Israeli communities.
The Israeli Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories ordered the closure of the Kerem Shalom border crossing, which facilitates the entry of commercial goods into the Gaza Strip. The Erez border crossing in northern Gaza remained open to humanitarian assistance.
Alarms warned of an incoming rocket attack in southern Israel Saturday night. A rocket fired from Gaza exploded in an open area, causing no damage or casualties.