CAIRO, April 22 (UPI) -- An Egyptian court has accepted a prosecutor's request to keep ousted president Hosni Mubarak behind bars, pending an investigation into new charges against him.
The criminal court's ruling argues a release order granted to Mubarak was issued by a misdemeanor court, which has no jurisdiction over the matter, Ahram Online reported.
Release orders are under the jurisdiction of the criminal court, the ruling said.
Mubarak lawyer Farid El-Dib said he plans to file a new appeal for the release of his client with the criminal court.
The misdemeanor court ordered Mubarak's release Saturday pending an investigation into new corruption charges.
Last week, a judge ordered Mubarak to be released without bail until his retrial on charges of complicity in the killing of protesters during Egypt's 2011 revolution. However, he remained behind bars due to the corruption charges.