facebook
twitter
search
search

Mother, girl dead of apparent CO poisoning

April 2, 2013 at 1:27 AM

BOWNESS, England, April 2 (UPI) -- A woman and her 10-year-old daughter died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning Monday on a boat in the English Lake District, authorities said.

A man was being treated in a hospital after the tragedy on Lake Windermere, the Daily Mirror reported. The boat was docked at a jetty in Bowness, a popular tourist spot on England's most famous lake.

All three people on board were airlifted to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary, where the 36-year-old woman and the girl died, The Guardian reported. The mother and daughter were from Leyland in Lancashire.

Duncan Bannatyne, a businessman and panel member on the reality TV show "Dragon's Den," witnessed the tragedy and sent a picture via Twitter with the comment: "Tragic accident over there I am afraid."

Cumbria police said the report that three people on the boat were having trouble breathing came in around 4 p.m.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Germanwings pilot Lubitz buried quietly amid investigation
Russia investigates legality of 1991 recognition of Baltic independence
South Korea fires warning shots at boat from North
Islamic State re-captures part of key Kurdish-held border town in Syria
North Korea raises alarm over violent crime