facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Mother, girl dead of apparent CO poisoning

April 2, 2013 at 1:27 AM   |   Comments

BOWNESS, England, April 2 (UPI) -- A woman and her 10-year-old daughter died from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning Monday on a boat in the English Lake District, authorities said.

A man was being treated in a hospital after the tragedy on Lake Windermere, the Daily Mirror reported. The boat was docked at a jetty in Bowness, a popular tourist spot on England's most famous lake.

All three people on board were airlifted to the Royal Lancaster Infirmary, where the 36-year-old woman and the girl died, The Guardian reported. The mother and daughter were from Leyland in Lancashire.

Duncan Bannatyne, a businessman and panel member on the reality TV show "Dragon's Den," witnessed the tragedy and sent a picture via Twitter with the comment: "Tragic accident over there I am afraid."

Cumbria police said the report that three people on the boat were having trouble breathing came in around 4 p.m.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Notable deaths of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Source: Ferguson cop beaten before shooting
2
Boko Haram overruns Nigerian police academy
3
Robert Hansen, notorious Alaska serial killer, dead at 75
4
4 firefighters injured in 'Ice Bucket Challenge'
5
Hamas executes 11 it claims are Israeli informers, takes credit for kidnapping Israeli teens
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback