CHOAM CHAO, Cambodia, Feb. 26 (UPI) -- Nine factory workers were badly injured when a gas canister exploded in a commune in Cambodia, officials said.
The workers were preparing a meal on their day off Monday when six corroded canisters of cooking fuel exploded, burning the faces and the bodies of the women, The Phnom Penh Post reported.
The victims were taken to a hospital, the Post said.
One of the victims, Srey Vy, 18, said two women jumped from the second story of the house to avoid the explosion.
Neighbors were able to extinguish the fire before trucks arrived, the Post reported, but some property in the house was destroyed.