The death of a 68-year-old New South Wales man late last month was the result of the tainted cheese, which was produced by a company in Victoria, Victoria health officials said Sunday.
The outbreak has been linked to the deaths of two other men and a miscarriage. Another 23 people were also stricken with listeria from the cheese, which was produced by the Jindi Cheese Co., the Australian Broadcasting Corp. said.
A nationwide recall was issued for all Jindi cheese produced through Jan 6. Consumers were urged to throw away any such cheese.
Jordana Brewster on Paul Walker: 'He was an enormous presence in my life'
Couple mistakenly served bag of cash at McDonald's drive-thru