facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Bus bombing suspects stayed in Bulgaria

Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM   |   Comments

BURGAS, Bulgaria, Feb. 7 (UPI) -- A Bulgarian official said four people connected to the Burgas bus bombing stayed in the country following the attack in July.

Stanimir Florov, chief of the directorate for combating organized crime, also said the connection between two of the suspects and Hezbollah, a terrorist organization, has been confirmed.

Several days ago, Europol reported the bomb was likely to go off by accident when passengers were putting bags into the luggage compartment, so the bomber was likely not a suicide bomber, as previously believed.

The attack in July killed five Israeli tourists and the bus driver.

Florov said four terrorists stayed in Bulgaria, one is dead, while three others are still alive, Sofia News Agency reported.

Florov said the suspects have also visited other cities in Bulgaria.

Topics: Hezbollah
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
U.S. airstrikes succeeding in cutting oil financing for Islamic State U.S. airstrikes succeeding in cutting oil financing for Islamic State
2
California officer allegedly stole nude photos during arrest California officer allegedly stole nude photos during arrest
3
[UPDATE] Two Calif. deputies killed, two others shot [UPDATE] Two Calif. deputies killed, two others shot
4
New submarine set for commissioning New submarine set for commissioning
5
Ottawa assault: PM went to closet, MPs made spears from flagpoles Ottawa assault: PM went to closet, MPs made spears from flagpoles
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback