facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Bus bombing suspects stayed in Bulgaria

Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM   |   Comments

BURGAS, Bulgaria, Feb. 7 (UPI) -- A Bulgarian official said four people connected to the Burgas bus bombing stayed in the country following the attack in July.

Stanimir Florov, chief of the directorate for combating organized crime, also said the connection between two of the suspects and Hezbollah, a terrorist organization, has been confirmed.

Several days ago, Europol reported the bomb was likely to go off by accident when passengers were putting bags into the luggage compartment, so the bomber was likely not a suicide bomber, as previously believed.

The attack in July killed five Israeli tourists and the bus driver.

Florov said four terrorists stayed in Bulgaria, one is dead, while three others are still alive, Sofia News Agency reported.

Florov said the suspects have also visited other cities in Bulgaria.

Topics: Hezbollah
© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Featured UPI Collection
trending
Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Celebrity Couples of 2014 [PHOTOS]

Most Popular
1
Madeleine McCann report finds authorities hindered investigation
2
Obama approval rating hits record low in blue California
3
Iran boasts of nuclear energy potential
4
Mary Landrieu hit with residency, ethics complaints
5
Islamic State allegedly beheads second American journalist
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback