facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Mother, children die from gas leak

Jan. 28, 2013 at 10:19 AM   |   Comments

ISTANBUL, Turkey, Jan. 28 (UPI) -- A gas leak at a home in Turkey killed a mother and her four children in the latest in a series of gas poisoning deaths in Turkey, officials said.

The carbon monoxide gas that killed the family leaked from a water heater and spread through their house in Istanbul Sunday night, Today's Zaman reported.

The father of the family found them unconscious in various rooms throughout the home and, with the help of neighbors, rushed them to a local hospital. Unfortunately, doctors were unable to save the mother and children.

Istanbul gas authority IGDAS said in a statement the vent of the heater was installed improperly and without the knowledge of IGDAS.

Today's Zaman said every winter, Turkey sees a number of gas poisoning deaths.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Prince Harry sweeps an adorable little girl off her feet at Invictus Games Prince Harry sweeps an adorable little girl off her feet at Invictus Games
2
Russian bank boss feeling sanctions pain Russian bank boss feeling sanctions pain
3
Legal problems plagued family in Bell, Florida for years Legal problems plagued family in Bell, Florida for years
4
Former Conn. Gov. John Rowland guilty of new charges Former Conn. Gov. John Rowland guilty of new charges
5
Woman on ventilator after being hit by cyclist in Central Park Woman on ventilator after being hit by cyclist in Central Park
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback