LONDON, Jan. 15 (UPI) -- A miniature Dachshund who was the unofficial mascot at Tatler magazine in London was killed when it got caught in a revolving door, authorities said Tuesday.
"We were called yesterday at 1:50 p.m. after reports that a dog was trapped in a door at Hanover Square," a London fire brigade spokesman told the Mirror. "We arrived within minutes. Two fire engines -- about 10 firefighters -- were sent to the scene."
He said the firefighters worked to rescue the dog but he died at the scene.
"Yesterday my tiny much loved man Alan passed away in a tragic accident," the dog's owner, editor's assistant Jennifer George, posted on Twitter.
"Thank you to all that were there to help, all the kind wishes and all who followed @TatlerAlan He was so awesome & so very loved."
Alan had more than 2,500 Twitter followers interested in his life as Tatler's office dog.
|Additional World News Stories|
WASHINGTON, June 18 (UPI) --General Motors said it would recall 231,000 model year 2006-07 vehicles due to a short in the driver's door that could spontaneously cause a fire.