facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Gas leak kills groom, four others in Istanbul apartment

Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM   |   Comments

ISTANBUL, Turkey, Jan. 2 (UPI) -- Five Afghans died in Turkey of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning three days after one of the dead was married, authorities said.

The deaths in an apartment in Istanbul were caused by a leak of the poisonous gas from a gas heater that was not properly installed, Today's Zaman reported Tuesday.

One of the deceased, Khudayverdi Saifullah, 21, had been married only three days earlier. His wife was not in the building because she had traveled to Canada after the wedding.

Saifullah was awaiting his travel documents so he could join his bride in Canada.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Bill Clinton hints he expects to be grandfather by first of October Bill Clinton hints he expects to be grandfather by first of October
2
Rutgers sophomore Caitlyn Kovacs dead after visit to Delta Kappa Epsilon frat house Rutgers sophomore Caitlyn Kovacs dead after visit to Delta Kappa Epsilon frat house
3
School accused of using girl as rape bait; girl gets attacked School accused of using girl as rape bait; girl gets attacked
4
Man who raped pit bull puppy sentenced to five years in prison Man who raped pit bull puppy sentenced to five years in prison
5
Man beaten to death with barbell in San Francisco gym Man beaten to death with barbell in San Francisco gym
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback