facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Gas leak kills groom, four others in Istanbul apartment

Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM   |   Comments

ISTANBUL, Turkey, Jan. 2 (UPI) -- Five Afghans died in Turkey of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning three days after one of the dead was married, authorities said.

The deaths in an apartment in Istanbul were caused by a leak of the poisonous gas from a gas heater that was not properly installed, Today's Zaman reported Tuesday.

One of the deceased, Khudayverdi Saifullah, 21, had been married only three days earlier. His wife was not in the building because she had traveled to Canada after the wedding.

Saifullah was awaiting his travel documents so he could join his bride in Canada.

© 2013 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Destroyers with ballistic missile defense capability heading to Japan Destroyers with ballistic missile defense capability heading to Japan
2
Kimberly Guilfoyle: young women should be 'excused' from voting to go on Tinder Kimberly Guilfoyle: young women should be 'excused' from voting to go on Tinder
3
American fighting with Kurds in Syria: Civilians burned in chemical attack American fighting with Kurds in Syria: Civilians burned in chemical attack
4
Female gym teacher busted for repeated sex with student Female gym teacher busted for repeated sex with student
5
Woman allegedly sets roommate on fire for throwing out pasta Woman allegedly sets roommate on fire for throwing out pasta
Trending News
Around the Web
x
Feedback