facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Three children die in Greek house fire

Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM   |   Comments

MESOROPI, Greece, Dec. 9 (UPI) -- Three children died in a house fire in the small Greek village of Mesoropi, local authorities said.

The fire started early Saturday from a wood burning stove the family was using to heat their home, the Greek Reporter said.

Two boys -- ages 5 and 7 -- died in the fire while their 15-year-old brother died of smoke inhalation when he tried to go back inside to try to rescue them, authorities said.

The children's parents, grandparents, and three other siblings made it out alive.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular
1
Ebola health workers killed in Guinea Ebola health workers killed in Guinea
2
Russian bank boss feeling sanctions pain Russian bank boss feeling sanctions pain
3
Scotland says 'No Thanks,' will remain part of the United Kingdom Scotland says 'No Thanks,' will remain part of the United Kingdom
4
Eight people killed in mass shooting in Northern Florida Eight people killed in mass shooting in Northern Florida
5
JetBlue plane makes emergency landing JetBlue plane makes emergency landing
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback