MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Dec. 3 (UPI) --
A Hilton hotel worker in suburban Toronto accidentally improperly mixed chemicals for a swimming pool Monday, forcing the evacuation of 30 people, police said.
The employee at the Hilton Garden Inn in Mississauga, Ontario, mixed the chemicals shortly after 8 a.m. About 30 guests and staff nearby were evacuated to a waiting travel bus as firefighters in hazmat suits entered the hotel to test the air and clean up the spill, the Toronto Star reported.
The employee was taken to an area hospital for observation, mostly as a precaution, the fire department said.
© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.