NANJING, China, Aug. 13 (UPI) --
An explosion caused by leaking natural gas killed one person and injured nine in a two-story residential building in a Chinese village, authorities said.
Four of the victims were reported in critical condition.
The building in Xi'nan in the eastern province of Jiangsu was destroyed and some of its residents were buried in the rubble, rescuers said.
The blast was blamed on a leak in a bottle of liquefied natural gas, the Xinhua News Agency reported.
© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.