facebook
twitter
search
search

Turkey finishes flotilla attack probe

May 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM

ANKARA, Turkey, May 9 (UPI) -- Turkey has finished its investigation of the May 2010 Israeli Navy attack on a Gaza-bound humanitarian aid flotilla that left nine Turks dead, an official said.

Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin told Today's Zaman his office is waiting for information from Turkey's Foreign Ministry before announcing indictments against Israeli soldiers.

"When we have this information, we will send the indictments to the concerned courts," Ergin said.

Turkey established its own inquiry into the matter, concluding that the Gaza blockade and the Israeli attack on the flotilla of ships were illegal and a violation of international law.

News reports last year said Turkish intelligence agencies had compiled a list of 174 soldiers who could be prosecuted for their involvement in the raid, the Jerusalem Post reported.

Like Us on Facebook for more stories from UPI.com  
Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Top Stories
Joel Osteen heckled, 6 arrested during service at Houston megachurch
Ghost hunters discover woman's body at abandoned Mississippi hospital
Cuomo on escaped inmates: Plan was to kill prison worker's husband
Walmart sorry for making Islamic State cake after rejecting Confederate flag cake
NBCUniversal cuts ties with Donald Trump over immigration comments