facebook
twitter
rss
account
search
search
 

Turkey finishes flotilla attack probe

May 9, 2012 at 8:01 AM   |   Comments

ANKARA, Turkey, May 9 (UPI) -- Turkey has finished its investigation of the May 2010 Israeli Navy attack on a Gaza-bound humanitarian aid flotilla that left nine Turks dead, an official said.

Justice Minister Sadullah Ergin told Today's Zaman his office is waiting for information from Turkey's Foreign Ministry before announcing indictments against Israeli soldiers.

"When we have this information, we will send the indictments to the concerned courts," Ergin said.

Turkey established its own inquiry into the matter, concluding that the Gaza blockade and the Israeli attack on the flotilla of ships were illegal and a violation of international law.

News reports last year said Turkish intelligence agencies had compiled a list of 174 soldiers who could be prosecuted for their involvement in the raid, the Jerusalem Post reported.

© 2012 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Recommended UPI Stories
Most Popular
1
High-ranking Chicago police officer charged with putting gun in man's mouth
2
Ukraine: Troop movements will no longer be publicized after Russian attacks
3
Federal judge strikes down polygamy ban in Utah
4
Islamic State claims mass execution of 250 Syrian soldiers
5
Putin mocks trapped Ukrainian soldiers, urges rebels to release them
Trending News
Video
x
Feedback