facebook
twitter
search
search

Israeli court delays West Bank demolition

April 29, 2012 at 4:14 PM

JERUSALEM, April 29 (UPI) -- Israel's high court Sunday granted the government a postponement of the demolition of two buildings in the settlement of Beit El.

The request did not mean there were any changes being made to the government's policy of tearing down illegally built dwellings in the West Bank, the State Prosecutor's office told the court.

Ynetnews.com said prosecutors wanted a three-month extension to examine the Beit El case further, but the court gave them only two months.

A Palestinian landowner on the West Bank claimed in 2008 the homes had been illegally built on his property. Attorneys representing the plaintiff said if the government was sticking to its policy of razing illegal dwellings, then there was no legitimate reason for the additional delay, Haaretz said.

Related UPI Stories
Latest Headlines
Trending Stories
Chelsea Clinton accidentally calls Bernie 'President Sanders'
Watch every star-studded Super Bowl commercial of 2016
Susan Sarandon responds to Piers Morgan criticizing cleavage
Two Virginia Tech students plotted 13-year-old's death, prosecutors said
Colin Powell, Condoleezza Rice got classified email on private accounts