ISLAMABAD, Pakistan, Nov. 27 (UPI) -- Pakistan ordered a halt to NATO supply convoys this weekend in retaliation for an errant airstrike that killed two dozen Pakistani soldiers.
Truck traffic along the border of Pakistan and Afghanistan was reportedly stopped Sunday, the BBC said, halting the flow of supplies to NATO forces in Afghanistan.
The closing of the important supply lines came as the head of Pakistan's army led Sunday's memorial for the slain troops. The soldiers had been manning a checkpoint near the border when it was hit by warplanes called in to support a U.S.-Afghan special forces raid on a suspected Taliban position.
Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani denounced the attack. Pakistani officials have said there was no fighting going on around the outpost, which was clearly marked on NATO maps.
The BBC said Gilani also ordered the United States to vacate a base in Pakistan where unmanned drones are based; however, the installation may have been abandoned before the airstrike occurred.