CAIRO, Sept. 19 (UPI) -- Prosecutors in the murder trial of ousted Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak said video evidence didn't show police assaulting protesters and was "worthless."
The footage was presented Sunday by Egypt's General Intelligence Directorate, al-Masry al-Youm reported.
Lawyers representing families of protesters who were killed said they had asked the GID, Egypt's foreign intelligence service, to provide footage from Jan. 25-Jan. 31, which was expected to show police assaulting protesters.
But video footage presented in court contained fuzzy scenes of protests and people in civilian clothes on rooftops, al-Masry al-Youm said.
Prosecution lawyers called the footage "worthless."
Some videos showed the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx. Others dating to 1996 showed tourists entering the Egyptian Museum.
Lawyers for the plaintiffs filed a report with the head of the court asking for an investigation of whoever edited the video footage.
One video showed the "Battle of the Camel," which lawyers had hoped would contain evidence of police assaulting protesters in Tahir, but it did not.
The GID had been headed by Omar Suleiman from 1992 until his departure during the uprising early this year. Suleiman had been appointed vice president just before Mubarak's ouster in February.
The state-run Al-Akhbar newspaper has reported Suleiman gave secret testimony implicating Mubarak in the killings of protesters.