Nepal denies holding Mumbai bomb suspect

July 26, 2011 at 11:11 AM   |   0 comments

KATHMANDU, Nepal, July 26 (UPI) -- A suspect in the July 13 Mumbai explosions was reported Tuesday to have been arrested in Nepal, but police denied holding him.

Kathmandu's Gorkhapatra newspaper said special anti-terrorism police last week captured a man in his 40s named Mohammad Zahir, who was engaged in "suspicious activities."

An unnamed police source said Zahir was discussing the Mumbai terror attacks via cellphone and texting, and was being held at the Hanumandhoka jail.

Police commander Kedar Rijal told The Himalayan Times no Mohammad Zahir was being held there, and the name was not on a list of inmates.

© 2011 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Trending News
Join the conversation
Most Popular
Photos
Video
x
Feedback